About Me

My photo
Hi! Welcome to my blog, a place where I will share with you my papercraft creations and inspire you to discover your creativity.

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Shabby Bird House

Hey there,

This week I have been laying low and trying to recover from my unexpected surgery last week. I was happy to find my way into my craft room and allow myself to craft a bit.

Today, we are featuring this adorable bird house by Sugar Creek Hollow. Isn't it just the cutest?

I decided to create a shabby birdhouse for my card. I colored the birdhouse using a distress technique by combining different colors of browns and tans. I added the bird, a branch, some ribbon and blue stickles to put the look together. I also did some stitching since it didn't require too much work in my part.

Altogether, I think it turned out pretty good despite me being on pain killers {wink}.

Now, it's time to go on over to the SCH blog to see the rest of the DT's cards. Then, don't forget to participate to play along with us.

Thanks for stopping by. Stay warm and have a blessed weekend.

10 comments:

  1. Ooh, lovely Joseline! Love the vintage/shabby look, your ink distressing is just outstanding! Great design and the bird and branch is a great addition!
    Hugs,
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  2. glory be Joseline, what a lovely card! I love your distress technique, the addition of the bird, branch and ribbon with the button is just perfect! Gorgeous work girl!!
    hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'd never know that you weren't 100% when you made this! I LOVE the shading on the birdhouse. It makes it so realistic. The bow in the corner is so pretty and the stitching was a great touch. Hope you're completely healed soon!
    ~Renee
    SCH DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joseline,
    Glad to see you back and on the road to recovering. You card is super, love the distressing and the cute bird up at the top.,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joseline, this is beautiful! I'm so glad that you are feeling better!! Hang in there, I hope you can get more papercrafting therapy in there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous and beautiful! Love how you colored the birdhouse and all of your extra details. Simply gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooo...I LOVE the faux wood technic you did. That has got to be done with your COPICS..?? You should consider becoming an instructor...you are one of the best I have seen. Lovely, lovely, card. Hope you are on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey J! Sorry to hear about your additional surgery! I had unexpected hernia surgery over Christmas! Get well soon!

    Tish

    ReplyDelete
  9. Joseline I love the distressing technique you used on the birdhouse - so unique and rustic looking. I love this layout too. Fabulous card. Glad to see you back at it after your surgery.
    Hugs,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Joseline! Hope you're recovering well.

    Love that sweet bow and button treatment. How cute!

    ReplyDelete