About Me

My photo
Hi! Welcome to my blog, a place where I will share with you my papercraft creations and inspire you to discover your creativity.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Laid Out

Hey there friends,

So here is what I was doing on my birthday. Not really exciting but a must. On Friday, November 5th I had a hysterectomy. This is what I looked like the following day (my b-day).

The pain meds swelled up my face and cheeks. They were on FIRE!! My darling husband didn't say anything to me. I kept telling him my face was really hot. The nurse came in and asked why my face was so red. Then when the doctor came in he yelled, "What happened to your face"?!! I was like, "Okay, would someone please give me a mirror"!! So, instead we took a picture so I can see. My DH didn't want to say anything because he didn't want to worry me. He's such a darling!!

Anyway, it's day 6 for me. I've been laying in bed, reading magazines, watching too much tv and finally online. I have caught up on my DT's blogs, visit some of my fav sites, order my winter coat, boots, clothes and of course, checked my work emails.

The meds are making me really nauseous. Today is the first day without prescribed pain meds and I'm doing much better. I have tried everything under the sun to take the nausea away. I have a few more days of bed rest and then 4-6 week for a full recovery with no heavy lifting, cleaning, laundry, sweeping and exercise. I have to take it very easy. I pray and hope I can do my work because there is so much to do. Both and home and church that is!!

Tomorrow, I will see if I can create something. I'll do little at a time but, I can't promise I'll have something to show. I feel very much like I had a c-section and sitting for too long hurts.

Well, thanks for checking in. I'll see you here soon!!


Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear you had to go thorough this! I sounds like you are slowly on the mend. Wishing you the best and a speed recovery
    Hugs,
    Heide

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you are laid up, Joseline! Take care of yourself and don't fret about the work. Give it up to God and it will all work out. Maybe you can get some extra crafting time in once you can sit up without pain.

    Hugs and prayers,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joseline, I'm sorry that you're going through such a rough time. I'm hoping that you'll be back to yourself in no time and that the surgery will make your life better in the long run. Keeping you in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joseline: I thought you had been a little quiet...May your have a quick recovery and the Lord give you grace to use this time without worry or care. Rest and rest in Him. Hugs, B

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Girl,
    It is so good to see a post and to see you commenting on the DT blog! You take care of yourself, that is the most important thing right now. There will be plenty of time to worry about other things!
    Blessings sweet lady!!
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you are doing well....and we're praying for you. Take care of yourself....we do miss you, because you're awesome! But taking care of yourself and allowing yourself to heal is the most important thing.

    Blessings!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning sweet pea!
    Just stopping by to wish you a good day and looking forward to your posts as you heal and get healthy! Miss your cards!!
    hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joseline, it's so good to see your post! I'm sorry you had such a time with the pain meds, but the worst is behind you now girl! Praying for you! I'm sure your DH is a good "nurse" and don't try too much too soon!
    Hugs and blessings!
    p.s. I miss seeing your cards too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Joseline we miss you! I'm so sorry you've had a tough go of it. Take it easy and enjoy the restrictions like no laundry or cleaning! We can't wait to have you back and are thinking of you - praying for a speedy recovery!
    Hugs to you,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  10. Joseline hope things pick up soon and you recover with-out any further complications. Enjoy this time of rest. Your crafts will still be there when the time is right.
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bless your heart!!!! Feel better Joseline and take care of yourself. Everything will wait...don't rush into things to quickly. Love and miss you so much and cannot wait until you are back with us! Love, Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Joseline, I'm sorry you are having to go through this but hope you take the time for yourself to heal properly. Rest and don't worry about things that will still be there when you are feeling better. Wishing you a quick recovery!
    Take care,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete