About Me

My photo
Hi! Welcome to my blog, a place where I will share with you my papercraft creations and inspire you to discover your creativity.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Vintage Flower

Hey there,

Just a quick post today before I take my lil' girl to gymnastic.

I just learned how to make this adorable vintage flower. It's made from white sheen curtain I purchased at Walmart for $4.50. My local fabric store is not that local and Walmart didn't have sheen fabric.

Anyway, I came home at tore the curtain up immediately. No time to waste. Here are the steps in case you would like to give it a try.

1. Cut out 8 6"x5" pieces of fabric.
2. Use Circle Scallop #2 Die and run them through the BigShot.
3. Use 3 plastic cups and pour a few drops of re-inker (I used Marina Mist, Blushing Bride and Crumb Cake) to die the fabric.
4. Sprayed some Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz over all the colors.
5. Take all the layers and smear them all together so the colors transferred onto each other.
6. Layer over the colors from large to small (don't layer them perfectly).
7. Pierce and add Antique Brad
9. Carefully dry the edges of the fabric with a heat tool from the center outward. As the heat tool gets hot, the material will burn and shrink. Move the flower in circular motion while doing this process. Otherwise you will burn too much and not have even layers.

I made this flower for a card I am working on for Sugar Creek Hollow's challenge on Saturday. The beauty of this flower is that it doesn't have to be perfect and you don't have to spend lots of money to make this. You can use any synthetic material or old curtains you may have hidden in the basement.

Make sure to come back on Saturday and take a look. Have fun creating!!


4 comments:

  1. This is really cute. I can't wait to see the finished card. Thanks for the tutorial. I just made my first organza flowers the other day but I had to put that card on hold for more important cards that came up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice,Joseline. Love the look and thanks for the tutorial... ~B~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lord have mercy this is makin' my wheels turn. I have GOT to try this!!! Your colors are beautiful you have chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cool idea! I love the flower and you shabby chic colors!

    ReplyDelete