About Me

My photo
Hi! Welcome to my blog, a place where I will share with you my papercraft creations and inspire you to discover your creativity.

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Counting My Blessings

Hey there,

These past two weekends, in the kids have been celebrating Halloween festivities at school. Last week they had a Halloween Party at school and yesterday they had a parade and classroom party. Tomorrow is Halloween and I think by tomorrow, they won't want to wear their customs again.

Today, we have a pretty busy day. So, before my day starts, let me show you what I made for today's Sugar Creek Hollow Use Lace Challenge.

I found this technique on YouTube and thought about giving it a try. It's called Faux Glitter Lace in case you would like to check it out for yourself. I didn't use glitter though. I used Pearl Embossing Powder.

Here are the steps I took to create this card:

1. Cut a piece of black card stock at 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"
2. Cut a piece of double sided sticky paper the same size and adhere to the black card stock
3. Lay your lace over the sticky paper
4. Pour Pear Embossing powder over the entire lace and pat down
5. Carefully remove the lace
6. Use a heat tool to heat the embossing powder until it's all melted

For my flower, I used black ribbon and created a lollipop flower. I used the black rose from the Recollections Halloween Specialty Brad set for the center of the flower. I also used Recollections Halloween Specialty trim.

My sentiment and crow is from Sugar Creek Hollow.

Now, it's time for you to visit the rest of the Design Team. Take a look at their cards using lace.

Thanks for visiting and have a safe and Happy Halloween!

13 comments:

  1. Josleine, this is such an awesome technique that you have done. I have never seen this before and what an elegant card it created. Next time you give us a challenge of no DP, I will know what to use!!! Just a spectacular card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well this is the show stopper of the day Joseline! Quite frankly, this card is too incredible for words-the technique you've used made this card the stunner that it is. I love that feather touch too. This is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning!!!! Wowzers...this is gorgeous. My word you did an amazing job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. That lace technique is over the top. Thanks for sharing it... ~B~

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you didn't tell us how you did it, we would never have known it was faux lace. What a great technique and a fabulous card.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, wow, wow!!! What a gorgeous card and an amazing technique. I have never seen that before and it is fantastically cool. And that beautiful feather is the perfect finishing touch!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous! I love your lace background, and the feather is the icing on the cake! Gorgeous!

    Hugz,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how vintage this card feels. The feather is such a cool touch and the way you did your lace is very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Joseline, this is just exquisite! I am just in awe of this gorgeous lace background and I agree, the feather is a touch of genius!
    Hugs,
    Marha

    ReplyDelete
  10. An exquisite creation, Joseline!! What a fun technique...so glad that you brought it to our attention!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is so beautiful! The faux glitter lace technique turned out so well. I have tried this before but my result looked nothing like yours. Fabulous Inspiration and Fabulous Card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Joseline!
    This is one of the coolest cards I have ever seen! Your false lace is gorgeous! FABOLOUS card!
    Hugs
    Gunn

    ReplyDelete