These past two weekends, in the kids have been celebrating Halloween festivities at school. Last week they had a Halloween Party at school and yesterday they had a parade and classroom party. Tomorrow is Halloween and I think by tomorrow, they won't want to wear their customs again.
Today, we have a pretty busy day. So, before my day starts, let me show you what I made for today's Sugar Creek Hollow Use Lace Challenge.
I found this technique on YouTube and thought about giving it a try. It's called Faux Glitter Lace in case you would like to check it out for yourself. I didn't use glitter though. I used Pearl Embossing Powder.
Here are the steps I took to create this card:
1. Cut a piece of black card stock at 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"
2. Cut a piece of double sided sticky paper the same size and adhere to the black card stock
3. Lay your lace over the sticky paper
4. Pour Pear Embossing powder over the entire lace and pat down
5. Carefully remove the lace
6. Use a heat tool to heat the embossing powder until it's all melted
For my flower, I used black ribbon and created a lollipop flower. I used the black rose from the Recollections Halloween Specialty Brad set for the center of the flower. I also used Recollections Halloween Specialty trim.
My sentiment and crow is from Sugar Creek Hollow.
Now, it's time for you to visit the rest of the Design Team. Take a look at their cards using lace.
Thanks for visiting and have a safe and Happy Halloween!