About Me

My photo
Hi! Welcome to my blog, a place where I will share with you my papercraft creations and inspire you to discover your creativity.

Friday, October 22, 2010

Christmas Cardinal

Hey there,

It seems like these days are going by so fast. I can't believe we are near the end of October.

Question is, how many have already begun their Christmas cards? If you are like me, you wait til the very end. However, today I have given myself a head start with this beautiful Christmas Cardinal from Sugar Creek Hollow.

Today's Challenge at SCH is to create a card using the Christmas Cardinal or Primitive Sheep. Since I used the Sheep on a recent card, I decided to use the Cardinal for the challenge.

I colored her with my copic markers R59, R29, R27 and R24. These are my favorite red color combination. Then, I decided to put some Glossy Accent. I put a heavy layer over the entire bird. I used SU Always Artichoke and Cherry Cobbler card stock. My DS paper was last years Wassail Turtle Doves. I distressed and stitched around the borders. Finally, for some accents, I added a Poinsettia with a vintage brad from SU and velvet ribbon.

Now it's time for you to go to the Sugar Creek Hollow Blog so you can take a the Digi challenge. Make sure to visit the Design Teams blog on the right of the screen so you can get more inspiration. Finally, go to Sugar Creek Hollow to grab your Christmas Freebie Tag.

I hope you like my card and are inspired to try this challenge. Please make sure you leave a comment with your blog link so I can see your card.

Have a blessed weekend!

13 comments:

  1. What a beautifully elegant creation! Your cardinal is colored perfectly and that velvet ribbon is yummy; all your embellishments just set this whole thing off! Joseline, I am awestruck with this beauty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful card, Joseline, and I love how you colored that wonderful image ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous coloring...the bird stands out is draws our attention in. Beautiful job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joseline, this is gorgeous. You have a magic touch with those red copic markers. Love the glaze you have used on him as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card. I love the addition of the pleated ribbon and that fabulous poinsettia.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joseline, this is just so rich and elegant! I love your colors, fabulous job!
    Hugs,
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely! You ribbon treatment looks wonderful and super rich colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joseline, the red is just gorgeous!! It jumps right off the screen! What a fabulous card!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How are you, my friend! Your card is just dazzling, with the perfect balance of paper with this gorgeous ribbon! Lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Joseline!
    Thank you so much for your sweet and kind words on my card!
    That brown die behind the sheep is one of the nestie frames with the ends cut to tuck in behind the image.

    Again, I love your creation this week, that red is perfect for this bird, such a beautiful card!!
    hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Joseline, this is gorgeous! I love the crystal effects on the cardinal - it provides such a rich look to your perfect coloring. The sponging on the image panel brings such depth and richness too. Incredibly beautiful card!
    Hugs,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card, love the way you put this together.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Joseline! I don't know how I possibly missed this card on Saturday when I made my rounds. I just noticed this post on my sidebar as I was scrolling down through my blog. This card is gorgeous. I love the flowers with the brad and the velvet ribbon is beautiful. The cardinal is colored so perfectly. Great job!

    ReplyDelete