About Me

My photo
Hi! Welcome to my blog, a place where I will share with you my papercraft creations and inspire you to discover your creativity.

Saturday, September 18, 2010

It's What You See

Hey there,

Can you believe we are in the middle of September already? Time sure does go by fast when you are busy.

Today, we are playing along with Sugar Creek Hollow's Color Challenge ~ Basic Black, Very Vanilla and Riding Hood Red. These are classic colors that never fad in style.

The sentiment I'm using is from Sugar Creek Hollow. It is a set of three Henry David Thoreau quotes for $3. I paired the sentiment with this cute vintage image I found online. I added a small mirror on the bottom of the ribbon.

I don't know about you, but there are things I must do before I leave the house. Fix the beds, curl my lashes and make sure my clothes are ironed. This sentiment reminds me that God doesn't care what you look like. He cares who we are as an individual.

Now, it's time to play along. Make a card using these colors (Basic Black, Very Vanilla and Riding Hood Red) and post it on the SCH Blog. Make sure to visit the rest of the Design Team to see their cards and get some inspiration. Their cards are outstanding! For any SCH images, make sure to visit the store's site.

Thanks for looking and have a blessed day!

15 comments:

  1. Great card Joseline - a perfect way to show off the saying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joseline,
    I love what you did with this card, the vitage picture is perfect with the saying. I also love the size of the saying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so, so, beautiful. I love the soft focus you have used and the colors for this challenge were AWESOME! Great use of the sentiment and thanks for reminding us that God loves us just the way we are. Blessings, Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joseline, I just love this!! Where did you find your image online? It so complements the quote!! I just love that set!! Beautiful job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Joseline! The image is the perfect compliment for that beautiful quote! Love all the elements!
    Hugs, Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummm, what a delicious color combo. Love the card you have created with that color palette. Great quote and wonderful use of a vintage image. Just a fabulous card, Joseline!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a pretty card. I love the simple, vintage feel. The mirror is a great touch with that phrase and I like how you made the sentiment the main focus of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card joseline!Love the little clownimage and that you made the sentiment so big that it really gets all the attention. Great DP!

    Mvh
    Gunn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card and I love the vintage image you found.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card Joseline! Love the vintage feel of it and the sentiment/quote goes so well with the little clown image! Amazing work!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Joseline, I love that image too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so beautiful. I love that picture with this saying. So wonderfully elegant!

    Hugz,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Joseline, this is definitely vintage along with (to me) quite antique looking. The image you found is so perfect with this quote, your design paper is perfect and your execution is perfection! Beautiful card girl!!
    hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  14. Joseline,

    Great card, so pretty! I love the laoyout and all of the elements of the card.

    Hugs,

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete