About Me

My photo
Hi! Welcome to my blog, a place where I will share with you my papercraft creations and inspire you to discover your creativity.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Back to School

Hey there,

The joy of the first day of school has returned. Moms everywhere are happy to send their kids back to school and the kids are excited to start a new grade, see their friends and get lots of homework-----wait, that's not true!!! Well, not the homework part at least.

Today my baby is starting the first grade. I can't believe how fast time has gone. My oldest is in college and my baby in 1st grade. I remember when my oldest started 1st grade and now it's my baby's turn. Let's not forget my lil' girl who's going to the 4th grade!! What's with that?! I remember when I held her in my arms for the very first time. It's days like today, that we get to cherish for years to come.

On to my project...

I couldn't send Jason to school without a little gift for his teacher. So, I decided to make this pencil box holder. I looked high and low for a pencil box template that I didn't have to pay for. Finally, I decided to make my own. It was easier than I thought. The box hold 20 pencils.

I can't wait for the afternoon to hear all about their big day! In the meantime, to all the mothers home without the kids, enjoy your quite time alone!

Recipe for the Pencil Box: SU Basic Black, Whisper White and Poppy Parade card stock, SU Pawsitively Prints II DS paper, Ribbon, SU Corner Punch, Teacher Treats stamp from Clear Dollar Stamp, Rosey Posie stamp from Whipper Snapper, Copics and Blue Ribbon.


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Hey Joseline! :) My girls are far apart in age like that too. My oldest just got her associate's degree and my youngest just started kindergarten. I hope your little one had a GREAT first day of school! Love your pencil gift...I NEED to make one of these. What a GREAT gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great little project, and now that you've designed it you could do up a tutorial for us {wink wink!}. :-)

    ReplyDelete