About Me

My photo
Hi! Welcome to my blog, a place where I will share with you my papercraft creations and inspire you to discover your creativity.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Easter Wishes

Hey there,

We are a few days away from the most holiest day for Christians. On Easter Sunday Christians around the world celebrate the resurrection of the Lord, Jesus Christ.

According to scripture, Jesus was raised from the dead 3 days after his death on the cross. Through his death, Jesus paid the penalty of our sins so that we may have eternal life. You may read the accounts that took place from his crucifixion to his resurrection here.

I took some time today to create some Easter cards for my friends and family. I had purchased this stamp last July when I went to the CHA show. I knew I wanted to use this cross for Easter and today, I'm finally inking it up. This cross is a 3D stamp. You start by embossing the cross on your choice of papers. Then, you carefully cut out the image starting with the full image and working your way to the smallest. Once all the images are cut, all you have to do is pop them up on dimensionals.

I can't believe how simple this technique was and how I didn't add anything else to the card. I love how simple, clean and elegant it turned out.

Materials Used: SU Whisper White, So Saffron and Bashful Blue card stock, SU Bella Birds DP, Silver embossing powder, SU Easter Wishes stamp and Holly Berry House Cross.



Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful Joseline! I love this stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning! Reminds me of the stain glass designs we saw in Europe on the cathedrals! :)

    ReplyDelete