About Me

My photo
Hi! Welcome to my blog, a place where I will share with you my papercraft creations and inspire you to discover your creativity.

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Trust In The Lord

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and do not lean onto your own understanding. Acknowledge Him in all you do and He shall direct your pathways".
Proverbs 3:5

I couldn't wait to make a card with this digi from Sugar Creek Hollow for the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge. It was the perfect sketch to show off this beautiful scripture.

When I start to make this card, I decided to go with browns and greens. As the card progressed, I decided to add some purple for royalty. Luckily for me, I had these beautiful purple flowers and drew drops.

I am very please how this card turned out. I showed this card to my mother-in-law yesterday and she immediately snagged it. As she read the scripture verse, she thought of her long time friend that is going through a divorce. What a blessing to provide a card like this to someone who is going through a tough time. I pray this card will touch her heart and give her some comfort.

One of the things I love about working with SCH is that its a ministry to feed the homeless in Virginia. All the proceeds go directly to purchase food for the homeless kitchen. Since the preview week, SCH was able to purchase 2-3 weeks worth of food!! What a blessing!

Thanks for stopping by. I hope this post has inspired you.

8 comments:

  1. this is such a gorgeous card joseline! i love how you used the sketch to finish it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so rich and bautiful. Makes me want a cup of coffee everytime I see it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, that is one BEAUTIFUL card. It is amazing in all aspects. Those flowers and lace are just fantatic and your main center image/wording is so pretty. Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness sketch challenge this week. Check in on Tuesday because we will be announcing our March Diva along with our weekly sketch post.

    Priscilla
    MMSC Hostess

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jocelyn - your card is just divine, that image is fabulous and I love it that SCH is a ministry - what a blessing to those who are receiving!! You have used the sketch perfectly and the colours you used are so rich and convey such warmth to match your scripture! This scripture is very special to me and I love seeing it used to beautifully! Thanks so much for joining us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week, it is always a pleasure seeing your cards and we look forward to having you play along next week! (((hugs)))
    Linda MMSC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jocelyn I love the antique feel of this wonderful creation. The colors provide the perfect backdrop to this wonderful focal point. Simply enchanting. Thanks for playing along with us this week at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge!

    Bear Hugs,
    Carol :o}
    Midnight Madness Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is so rich and beautiful!! This is my fave verse ever!! So comforting!! I love your vintage feel and the lace is such a gorgeous detail!

    Thanks for playing with the MMSC sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jocelyn, Oh how I love your card! Absolutely beautiful creation my friend. Love the colors, and the scripture fits perfectly with your choice in dp and beautiful flowers. This is a stunner! Gorgeous throughout! Thanks for playing along with us again this week.
    Hugs,
    Charlotte
    MMSC DT

    ReplyDelete