About Me

My photo
Hi! Welcome to my blog, a place where I will share with you my papercraft creations and inspire you to discover your creativity.

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Mirror, Mirror

on the wall, who is the fairest of all?

When we look at ourselves in the mirror isn't this what we say? Hoping to hear that it is you, yet the truth is, that there is only one who is the fairest of all.

That is our Lord Jesus Christ because "His faithful love endures forever" Psalm 136:1

I haven't been able to make many cards for you this week. In fact, I think I only made one which will be post next week. I have been so sick, my energy level is low.

This is a card I made last week to showcase the New Sugar Creek Hollow Vintage and Primitive images. Isn't it so pretty? These are two images that I layered together. You can take of look here to see what they actually look like. I use Publisher for all my digis. You can recolor, crop and layer your images in any way you like. For this card, I just recolored the images in brown and layered the scripture verse over the mirror. After printing the image, I cut and colored the mirror. Then I used bronze Perfect Pearls to give the mirror a shinny and vintage look. To create the mirror effect, I brush stroked some silver Perfect Pearls with a wet paint brush. I added an border around the mirror with SU chocolate chip cs. I distress, sponged and added dimensions over the knotted ribbon. Finally, I added some flowers over the flowers on the mirror.

If you would like to see more of Sugar Creek Hollow images, take a look at the website. We have posted cards the DT has created for you to see.

4 comments:

  1. Your card is stunning! very elegant and beautiful!
    Hope you feel better soon!
    Hugs
    Nicola

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is truly stunning. I'm so sorry you don't feel well. Take some time and get better. Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw you sweet girl, I"m sorry you are feeling icky -- rest up, take your time to heal and take care of your Temple :) Your card is just as stunning as can be - you do such beautiful work, Joseline!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is beautiful! I hope you are feeling better today!

    ReplyDelete