About Me

My photo
Hi! Welcome to my blog, a place where I will share with you my papercraft creations and inspire you to discover your creativity.

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Flutterby

Hey there,

Here's a card I made today for Mojo Monday. I purchased this adorable image at Phindy's Place. The image is called Love Flutterby. I thought she looked like one of the vintage characters you see in the Little Golden books for kids.

I search high and low to get inspirations for her coloring. I found this really great blog called Two Crazy Crafters. It's all vintage and if you are looking for vintage inspiration, that where to go. I added this blog to my favorites!

So after starring at their banner for hours (kinda more like minutes), I played with some colors. I used my copic colors Y23, Y21 for yellow and added some E31 to give the yellow a aged look. I did the same for her shirt. I used R81, R83 and R85. Then E31. Her bandanna, shoes and hair got the same concept.

The sketch was a little difficult to turn vintage. I didn't want to go off from the sketch so I tried my best. I distressed, sponged and stitched the DP.

Well, I better go work on the laundry and dinner before the kids come home from school. It's going to be a long night. The weather calls for another 18" of snow over night and my DH is at play rehearsal. As always, thanks for looking.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Love the sweet image, the super cute ribbon, and how you distressed the edges. DARLING card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE what you did with the sketch! really cute and I love the vintage style!
    Hugs
    Nicola

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling image and a great use of this week's mojo sketch :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, Joseline, you are really socked in! I am in awe of how much snow the East coast is getting.

    I love this card. The sketch is awesome and your interpretation came out beautiful. Love the colors you chose and your distressed edges.

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete