About Me

My photo
Hi! Welcome to my blog, a place where I will share with you my papercraft creations and inspire you to discover your creativity.

Friday, February 5, 2010

The Gates of Heaven

Hey there, I hope you are all ready for the snow.

We are supposed to get about 12" of snow but, I'm hoping for much less. I am still stick and now my poor husband is sick. Who's going to shovel the driveway tomorrow if we are all sick? The kiddies? Heehee

Well, it's Fabulous Friday over at Sugar Creek Hollow. The girls and I have been super busy creating beautiful Vintage and Primitive cards for you to see. Although the store officially opens March 1st, you can pre-buy any digi you see. This beautiful cross I used on my card today is called Vined Cross.

I printed this digi on vellum paper and as soon as it came out of the printer I poured Bronze Embossing Powder. I heat set it and cut it out with my Spellbinders Label 4. The paper I used is from Webster's Pages Postcards from Paris. Once I put these two together, I thought to myself, "Now what"?

So, I played with a few sketches until the thought of creating a gate came to mind. Now I was excited!!! I found some hinges at my local hardware store. They were gold so I had to sand them down and repaint them with my copic marker E39. I used brads instead of the screws the hinges came with {wink}.

When I look at this card, I think of what heaven would look like when I meet the Angel Peter at the Gates of Heaven.

When visiting Sugar Creek Hollow, make sure to check out the FREEBIES tab! There's a beautiful Butterfly for you!

Thanks for stopping by and stay warm!

3 comments:

  1. Your gate idea is just wonderful! Another beautiful creation!
    I hope you and your Husband feel better soon!
    Hugs
    Nicola

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great card. It's so cool to start seeing our creations on our actual blogs now!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the whole idea of this beautiful 3D creation Joseline. I would be honored to receive a card like this!

    ReplyDelete