About Me

My photo
Hi! Welcome to my blog, a place where I will share with you my papercraft creations and inspire you to discover your creativity.

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

You Rock

Good Tuesday morning my friends,

Another cold day in NJ. To think that winter has only begun, makes me want to hide under the covers and get out in the spring. Brrrrr.

It's Tuesday and with that, I have a our Sherrod Studio Throwdown Tuesday card challenge! Woohoo!!

For the next several month we will be challenging you to make a card/project by the DT member of the month. To start, Leah challenged us to create a Gatefold Card.

I wanted to give making a masculine card another try so, I use the Rock and Roll stamp set for this card. I stamped my drum in SU Chocolate Chip ink on Very Vanilla CS. I layered that over CC card stock. The pattern paper was a single sheet of double sided paper I purchased once at a scrapbook store. I thought to myself, okay so far so good. Now to make the Gatefold. I figured out the measurements myself but, here's a great video tutorial I found so you can watch. I {heart} video tutorials.

For the inside of my card, I used a different color card stock. Then, I wanted the You Rock stamp bigger, so I found the font the stamp was made from and typed it up on the pc. Then, I layered it with chocolate chip card stock and sponged the edges.

To close my card, I used a magnet from Making Memories. I glued the negative on the ribbon and the positive behind the drum set.

Now, go on over to the rest of the DT's blogs and take a look at their gatefolds. Then, try one yourself! Have fun!!!

2 comments: