About Me

My photo
Hi! Welcome to my blog, a place where I will share with you my papercraft creations and inspire you to discover your creativity.

Friday, January 8, 2010

This blog is for you!

This week, I had an incredible conversation with someone. We talked about the joys and sorrows in my life. Some we joked about, but many were tears. To be able to trust and share my burdens with someone is something that I thought I had lost some time ago.

When I got home, I went on the Internet and this bible verse was posted on their comment box. "If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it." 1 Corinthians 12:26

I smiled because I was reminded twice that day that no burden is too heavy for God. The God I love, trust and believe in, holds all the burdens we are suffering. Jesus says, "Come to me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." (Mt. 11:28-30).

This post is for you! Thank you!

On to my card...
Here's my card for this week's Mojo Monday challenge. It only took my 5 days to make my card. Thank goodness the deadline is Sunday, January 10th. ;o) I love cards that have a lot of layers and shapes, so I couldn't pass on this one.

For my card, I wanted to use the scripture verse from 1 Corinthians 12:26, so I typed it up on the computer. A little font and color changes and I got the perfect digi sentiment for my card. The pattern paper is from S.E.I Madeline. I used SU Kiwi Kiss and Basic Gray for my solid card stock.

Well, it's Friday night! Family movie night tonight! I think we're watching Fly Me to the Moon. Now to find our 3D glasses in the kids toy box. Oh, what fun!!



Posted by Picasa


4 comments:

  1. Very pretty, awesome take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW...usually you will some waivering on a sketch somewhat but you have nailed this one. This is so beautiful Joseline. And thank you for reminding us not to carry our own burdens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooo lovely! Great colors and that is one of my favorite verses! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous card and a wonderful verse. Thanks for playing! :)

    ReplyDelete