About Me

My photo
Hi! Welcome to my blog, a place where I will share with you my papercraft creations and inspire you to discover your creativity.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

So Thankful

It's Tuesday morning and I have another Sherrod Studio Throwdown Challenge!

This week's challenge is to create a Faux card or to use stitching. For those of you who are regular viewers to my blog, you know I use stitching on almost all my cards so, that wasn't a challenge for me. So instead, I decided to make a Faux Tile effect on my card. Now this was a challenge for me!! I tried this three times before I was completely satisfied.

To do a Faux Tile, you need to score your card diagonally on a score line using a Scor-Pal or other scoring tool. Score at 1/2" intervals then turn your card stock at 90 degrees. Then, either stamp a background stamp or sponge the entire card on the indented score lines side. Now, stamp your image. Finally, you can add some crystal effects on the entire card so your tiles look glossy or you can leave the card as is for a flat finish.

I hope you like my card and are inspired to try something different. If you have any questions, feel free to email me or post a comment.

Now it's time to visit the Design Team and see what they came up with!
Lastly, Sherrod Studio is having a Mega Stamp Sale!!! All stamps are 40% OFF!!! Now is the time to stock up on these low low prices! Enjoy Shopping!!


Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. Love how your card came out. The tile is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun that these chicks look like they are behind a fence! Smart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card - I like your faux tile!!!! The image works well with the sentiment too - they already have their next meal growing behind them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the faux tile look! Very adorable card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card - love the tile look!

    ReplyDelete