About Me

My photo
Hi! Welcome to my blog, a place where I will share with you my papercraft creations and inspire you to discover your creativity.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Monochromatic Card

Here we are with another Sherrod Studio Throwdown Tuesday Challenge.

Leah has done a great job this month challenging the design team. For her last challenge, she asked us to make a monochromatic card. I have to admit, I wasn't quite sure what monochromatic meant so I had to look it up.

A monochromatic color scheme uses a single color on most every room surface. In this type of scheme, various darker shades, grayer tones, and paler tints of the main color may be included in the palette. In addition, the one color is often paired with white or another neutral.

Of course my favorite color is brown so I just had to go with this color scheme. For my card, I used the sandcastle from the By the Shore stamp set. I'm not sure what I was doing with the sketch though. I think I'll try this again later today and post the card again.

Well, it's now your turn to make a monochromatic card. Visit the rest of the design team to get some inspiration. Make sure to come back later to see my second attempt to this card.


7 comments:

  1. I love how this turned out!! The sand castle looks fabulous just stamped and your color scheme is perfect:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty card. Sometimes monochromatic cards can seem a bit stark, but this is totally warm and everything blends together really well. And what a lovely main image!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joseline,

    Great card! Monochromatic style really appeals to me and I love the brown tones you chose!

    You left a comment on my blog a couple of days ago about a guest DT spot. I sent an email in reply and I just wanted to make sure you received it. I had a couple of questions and was hoping to hear back from you. Also, I did put an email link at the top of my blog to make it easier for people to contact me.

    Thanks so much!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the warm brown tones you used on your card. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful shades of brown and love the image!
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how cool! Love the ric rac on an angle.

    ReplyDelete