About Me

My photo
Hi! Welcome to my blog, a place where I will share with you my papercraft creations and inspire you to discover your creativity.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Feel The Love

Hey there,

Here's a card I made the other day for Flourishes Newsletter: Feel the Love!

The challenge was to feel the love in our card making. The kind of project, color and feel is all up to you, just make sure that whatever type of card you make -- it's perfect for the season of LOVE!

My favorite color is brown and I love making cards with brown and pink. I also love coloring with my Copis. Don't you just feel the love already? {wink}

Since my workshops at the Y, I have been learning new techniques to teach my group. So, for this card, I thought I'd try to learn how to make my own Glitter Mist. You can't tell from the picture, but I sprayed the entire white sc with a cream colored glitter mist I made. I wish I had a better picture so you can see how pretty this turned out. I took a dozen different shots to see if the glitter would show but, the images were not coming out to clear. Another problem I had with this picture is that the color on the flower is not true to the actual card. On this picture it looks a bit peachy and my flower is more pinkish like the DP paper.

Anyway, I loved making this card and I hope you love the way it turned out. Thanks for looking and Happy Wednesday!


Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

  1. Great card, I love the colors!

    That is such a great idea to make your own glitter mist! I have some from Tattered Angels and I am not sure I like it. Every time I spray it there are huge droplets all over my paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just received my first ever Stampin' with Simplicity from you Joseline and it is awesome. Thank you so much for taking the time to make one for me AND also for putting the verse that you did on it. Probably the best part for me...

    You have some skills girlfriend:)! Thanks again - pastor mike

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous card!!! Fabulous colours and DPs and your colouring is off the charts on this flower. Well done!!

    If you have a minute, I have a question: how do you get the "you might also like" with the pictures of other cards below it on your blog. I'm quite new to blogging and this is a wonderful feature I'd love to add if I can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This piece of art has so much to offer! The texture, the colors, the layers, it is all just breath taking! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! This is absolutely gorgeous!! Beautiful coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Wonderful colouring, I so need to take time to get better at it myself, and all the elements of the card tie together perfectly. Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is just so super pretty joseline! your flower is so lifelike!!! i love brown too and think it is seriously overlooked! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete