About Me

My photo
Hi! Welcome to my blog, a place where I will share with you my papercraft creations and inspire you to discover your creativity.

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Mosaic Christmas

Hey there,

I hope where ever you are in the country, whether it's sunny and warm or cold and snowy you are all doing well.

Over here in NJ it's been snowing since early this morning. The snow has been steady. It's very windy so the snow is blowing everywhere. I can't really tell how many inches we've gotten so far.

Since I knew I was going to be snowed in, I decided to try this new technique. It's called Stained Mosaic. I found it on Splitcoaststampers. There's a great tutorial by Beate Johns. There's even a video tutorial you can watch. This is really easy to do. I think the hardest part is cutting and adhering the rubber pieces to my acrylic block. Well, it's not hard but time consuming.

So, I wanted to create my last Christmas card with this technique. I like it but, I'm not in love with it. I think something is missing. Maybe my card is too small. Perhaps I should try a square card instead. You'll have to tell me what you think.

Well, it's 6:15pm and I'm getting a bit peckish as my friend would say. Thanks for looking and have a great evening.

3 comments:

  1. I like it, very pretty....I am not much of a technique gal but do like to try them every now and then.....this one is gorgeous.....you really did a fabulous job!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your stained mosaic piece. It looks beautiful! You colored that bird so pretty!

    You said you wanted suggestions, right? I might have used a different colored ribbon (red, orange) to bring those colors out more. A brown layer underneath the stained mosaic might help pop it more.

    We had snow here as well. My two younger ones (10, 13) were out all afternoon playing in the snow like young puppies. We haven't been living near snow for 6 year.

    Merry Christmas
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Teresa and Beate for your comments and suggestions.

    Since I'm not going out today, I'm going to redo my card. I think it has a lot of potential. The kids will be out playing in the snow so I'll have plenty of time to work on my card. I'll post it when I'm done.

    ReplyDelete