About Me

My photo
Hi! Welcome to my blog, a place where I will share with you my papercraft creations and inspire you to discover your creativity.

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Holiday Gift Box

Good Tuesday morning to you all!

I am back with another Sherrod Studio Design Team challenge today. For this weeks challenge, we had to make a gift box with cards.

I made this box out of the white heavy weight card stock that comes inside the SU Designer Series paper pack, SU Christmas Cocoa Specialty paper, Acetate paper and ribbon.

So, while I was thinking about what type of cards I was going to make, I thought of the many holiday parties I will be attending before Christmas.
You can never go empty handed and what a great gift to give your hostess! A handmade Christmas Card Box. You know these will come in handy and your hostess will appreciate that you made them personally. I made 5 cards complete with envelops and postage. I am so pleased with how this set turned out, I think I'm going to make a few more.

For my card and box, I used Stampin' Up!'s new Christmas Cocoa Specialty paper. This is a pack of 12 double sided DS paper that includes metallic and flocked designs. The red paper used on the box has flock. So, not only does it give the box dimension but, it gives it elegance and stability. The flock the paper is thick and works great for these type of projects. The DS paper on my cards have a metallic shine to them. Very pretty, modern and chic.

The images I used for my cards are from the Sherrod Studio Christmas Greeting stamp set. I love how the snowflakes turned out on the Real Red ink. This set is a must have in your Christmas stamp collection. Finally, for the rest of the card, I added Soft Suede polka dot ribbon and pearls I colored with my markers. I love how these two establishments compliment the Christmas tree and DS paper.

Now it's time to visit the rest of the DT to see their gift boxes. Click on the DT names to the right of this post. Thanks for taking a look and make sure to come back for more Handmade Christmas Gift ideas.


2 comments:

  1. I love the color combo here! And aren't those trees wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The box is so pretty. Great color combo.

    ReplyDelete