About Me

My photo
Hi! Welcome to my blog, a place where I will share with you my papercraft creations and inspire you to discover your creativity.

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Flower Card

Hey there,

I finally caught up with my Mojo Monday card. It's been a really long time since I participated.

It has also been a long time since I made a card like this one. I had this DS paper for a while and never used it. It's from Webster's Pages called Petite Paper Collection Combo Pack Postcards from Paris & Sweet as Cherry Pie. It is absolutely beautiful.

So, I started my sketch with a basic square and circle. After I played with my shapes, my card ended up looking like this.

I stamped and colored my image (Personal Impressions ~ Butterfly stamp) on Whisper White card stock. Then, I cut the circle with my Spellbinders Standard Circle die. I cut another circle in Ruby Red card stock. However, when I put the two together, I didn't like the way it looked. So, I thought of creating a flower out of the paper. I added some green tissue paper, distressed, wet and crumpled all the paper. Take a look here to see a VIDEO demo on how to do the paper flower. I modified my flower but the technique was the same. So, now that my flower looked a bit vintage, I had to distress the entire card. I also sponge everything in Close To Cocoa ink and sewed the DS paper to the Always Artichoke card stock. Finally, I stamped my sentiment on the DS paper, added some ribbon and dimensional to pop-up the sentiment.

I really like the way my card came out and hope you do to. Try making a card with this sketch and see what you come up with. Thanks for looking and stay warm.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment