About Me

My photo
Hi! Welcome to my blog, a place where I will share with you my papercraft creations and inspire you to discover your creativity.

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Down Home Blessings

It's Release Day at Sherrod Studio!!!!

Isn't this guy so cute?! I couldn't help not coloring him in. He's from the Down Home Blessings set. You can now purchase this set or the Out of This World set at Sherrod Studio.

As I started coloring this image, I wanted this lil' guy's overalls to look dirty. I colored the overalls with my copic markers then recolored it with C2. As with the grass, I wanted it to look like the grass was going torment. So, I colored the grass with Y21 then G20. There is no trick to this, just lots of practice and knowing what colors to use. The DS paper is an SU oldie but a favorite. Although I like the colors, I couldn't figure out a way to incorporate the grass. You'll have to tell me what you think.

As for the layout, I wanted to keep it simple and not take away from the image. After all, that's what my blog is all about. Stampin' with Simplicity.

Well, it's time to go to the DT's blog and take a look at their final release cards. Click on the links to the right of this post.

Thanks for looking and have a great Thursday.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Great job with the coloring! The farmer looks so adorable. I love the patterned papers you used also.

    ReplyDelete