About Me

My photo
Hi! Welcome to my blog, a place where I will share with you my papercraft creations and inspire you to discover your creativity.

Monday, December 14, 2009

Color Challenge

It's Sherrod Studio Tuesday Throwdown Color Challenge!!!! (Try saying that 5 times).

This week's colors are Tempting Turquoise, Certainly Celery, Very Vanilla and Close to Cocoa.
When I saw the colors of the challenge, I remembered I had some DS paper that would be perfect for this challenge. I was right! This DS paper is an old DS from Stampin' Up! and it's another favorite of mine.




As will all my recent cards, I wanted to keep this Easel Card simple. I looked through all of my Sherrod Studio stamps and I realized that there were a few stamps I haven't used. I thought this cute little flower would go perfect for the sentiment. These are from two separate stamp sets. The flower is from the Gracie set and the sentiment is from the Birthday Ella set. I thought of stamping 3 straight flowers in row but then I thought the single flower with some ribbon tied around it would be nice.

To make the Easel card, cut a piece of card stock into 6"x4". Then score at 2" and 4". Then, cut another piece of card stock (same color) into 4"x4". Next you will need coordinating paper measured and taped. The DS paper is taped to the bottom and the rest of the paper is taped to the 4"x4" card stock. The 6"x4" is folded upwards like a valley and then mountain. The 4"x4" card stock get adhered to the 'mountain'. Take a look at this video for better instructions. Mary has a great demonstration for the Easel Card.

Well, I'm off to work on my top secret project. Make sure to participate with the Color Challenge this week. Check out the cards the DT made for more inspiration then go onto Sherrod Studio's blog to upload your card. Thanks for looking and have a blessed day.

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty, I love how simple it is, but still striking:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've done a lovely job on highlighting a small stamp. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your simple cards. They always look great. Thanks for the easel card tutorial. Will have to give it a try soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! I really need to try one of these easel cards!! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete