About Me

My photo
Hi! Welcome to my blog, a place where I will share with you my papercraft creations and inspire you to discover your creativity.

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Blessings

Day two of the Sneak Peak for Sherrod Studio's newest stamp release.

This card is the perfect card for today's post.

You see, yesterday while I was nursing a migraine, getting my cards in order for release and getting ready to pick up my children from the bus, my mother-in law was in a car accident. Everyone including the police and auto body guy said we should be counting our blessings. A 16 wheel tracker side swiped her avoiding a car who had cut him off. Luckily she held onto the wheel and with little damaged she walked away in one piece. I am so proud of her because not only did the truck hit her but he kept going. Somehow by the grace of God she following him into the next town until she was able to pull him over and call the police. No one knows how she drove the car that far. The car is not drivable. There is damage to the front wheel and it can not turn.

For this card, I used one of the new set to be release tomorrow. I colored the bucket with several markers to give it a weathered look. Nothing fancy to over look the DS paper. Isn't it beautiful? For the sentiment, I colored directly on the stamp. I used two different color makers so that the word Blessings could stand out. Finally, I added some ribbon to match the More Mustard cs and colored my clear drew drops in green to match the Kiwi Kiss cs.

Sherrod Studio is having a holiday blowout sale! All stamps are 25% off now through Dec. 15th. All orders placed by the 15th will arrive in time for Christmas. Your discount will be manually adjusted. Qualify for FREE shipping by placing a minimum order of $50.00 or more.





1 comment:

  1. Wow, I am so glad your MIL is okay. That is really scary. I hope your headache lets up.
    Love your card!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete