About Me

My photo
Hi! Welcome to my blog, a place where I will share with you my papercraft creations and inspire you to discover your creativity.

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Tuesday Throwdown!

It's Tuesday Throwdown at Sherrod Studio again!!!

The Challenge? Emboss resist!! The design team was challenged to create a card using the emboss resist technique. Aside from using my compics, this has to be one of my favorite techniques. I love how the images and sentiments look when they are heat embossed.

For my image, I used the Birthday Ella stamp set and for the sentiment, I used the Tropical Holiday stamp set.

I stamped the gift box image 4 times with versa mark on 4 different DS papers (thank goodness for scraps). Then I used my red and green embossing powder and my heat gun to melt the powder. Thereafter, I cut the boxes and put foam tape to pop them up on the whisper white cs. Pretty cool huh?!

The one thing you can't see from the picture are the piercing on the corners of the red card stock. I used the my ornare template to pierce my corners. It really came out pretty.

Now it's time to take a look at the other DT members designs. Click on their names on the right of this post to see their creations. Take a look and then try this technique yourself.

Thanks for looking!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty, I love your LO and the pretty textures:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful! The papers and colors are really pretty.

    ReplyDelete