About Me

My photo
Hi! Welcome to my blog, a place where I will share with you my papercraft creations and inspire you to discover your creativity.

Friday, October 9, 2009

For Every Season...

Today I woke up eager to sit in my craft corner to finish my Autumn cards. I am embarrassed to say I'm so far behind. However, I am determined to finish my cards today! Before I begin playing with my toys, I like to read my devotional. It clears my mind, keeps me focused on what's most important and inspires me to create.

I wasn't sure where I was going with this card when I started, but I really like the way it turned out. I wanted to make a different layout instead of the normal sketch I'm used to. So, I stared with my Autumn DS paper from Making Memories, picked my card stock, cut, pierced and taped my corners. Then, I looked through my fall stamps. I found this really old leave stamp I haven't used in years. I used my SU markers (Really Rust, More Mustard and Chocolate Brown) to color the stamp. Then I looked through my ribbon collection and thought this Soft Suede Poka Dot ribbon from SU would be perfect. I cut out four pieces of ribbon, glued them together and added a pearl for the center to create this beautiful bow. Then I looked through my fall sentiments to see which one would fit in the center. I usually don't pick the sentiment before I create my card. I like to let the sketch and design pick the sentiment. Kinda letting the card speak for itself. I found another old stamp that I thought would work. I wanted something to match the leaves and this stamp was perfect. Both stamps used are from Inkainkado. These were one of my very first stamps I purchased about 4 years ago when I began to have an interest in rubber stamping. Anyhow, as I looked at my almost finished card, I thought about the finishing touches. JEWELS! That's it, I could add rhinestones to complete the card. I just love when things come to full circle!

Well, now that I have my last fall card sketch put together, I better get working. Thanks for looking and Happy Friday!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. This turned out beautifully! And what a beautiful sentiment :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL fall colors, and I love the ribbon treatment!

    ReplyDelete