About Me

My photo
Hi! Welcome to my blog, a place where I will share with you my papercraft creations and inspire you to discover your creativity.

Friday, October 16, 2009

Feliz Cumpleanos

Hey there,

I hope your Friday is going well. As for me, the day was pretty unexciting. Get the kids ready for school, tidy up the house and off to my craft corner (I
am STILL working on my fall cards...only 11 more to go). I did apply for a job, which will be exciting to get (cross my fingers). All I can say, it's a job where I can use my creativity and inspire others to do the same.

As I got my supplies ready for my fall cards, my father-in law calls so I can make a birthday card for his mother. Her birthday is on Sunday and he wanted to put the card in the mail today! He called around 11:30 and said he will swing by around 1:00pm. That's less than 2 hours to make a card! Yikes.

I needed to create something with little coloring, lots of layers, bling (my father-in law's mom loves bling) and dimension. I also needed a Happy Birthday stamp in Spanish. Thank goodness I had purchased the Stampin' Up! Felicidades Siempre stamp set. I don't have many Spanish set, but this one was a must to get. The flower was stamped and colored twice. Then I cut the center peddles and glued just the bottom tip. The ends are curled up a bit. Then, I stamped, cut and propped the bird so that it looks like he's getting the stigma.

Well, thank goodness I was able to pull this card together in time. I was able to finish by the time they ran the door bell. I even got compensated for it!

Well, that's it for today. That's for looking!

Materials Used for this card: SU Regal Rose, Rose Red and Whisper White card stock, Raspberry Tart and Urban Garden DS Paper, Dream A Little Stamp set, Square Ice brads, Berry Satin Ribbon, Copic Markers, Dimensionals, Sewing Machine, Modern Label and Designer label punch and MS border punch.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment: