About Me

My photo
Hi! Welcome to my blog, a place where I will share with you my papercraft creations and inspire you to discover your creativity.

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

With Sympathy

Sadly, it seems like all I have been making is sympathy cards these past few weeks. This one is very dear and special to me. I made this card for a friend who lost her mother this past week. I haven't seen my friend for over year and I miss her immensely. She always made me laugh but most of all, she has a heart of gold when it comes to helping women. I hope when she receives this card she finds comfort and knows how much I miss and care for her.

I made this card using the Aster-September flower of the month clear stamp set from Clear Dollar Stamps. These sets are perfect for any occasion and you really can't beat the price. So far I have September, October, November and December. I'm looking forward to getting the rest of the months to add to my collection.

The sentiment comes from Papertrey Ink. This set is called Mega Mixed Messages. This is another set I recommend. It has 43 mixed sentiments. If you have never purchased from Papertrey Ink, something you should know is that the stamps come in a clear CD case for storage. I love these because it takes so much less space.

The paper I used is from my box set I purchased at Micheal's. I don't remember the name of the box set but, if you go to Micheal's it's where the DS paper is and I do know it's the classic box. I also used my Spellbinders Oval Scallop Nestibilities. For the big green circle I simply cut it in half and adhered it to the paper. For my coloring, I used my copic markers Y21, Y23, YG91, YG93, YG95 and W0. The W0 is good to use when coloring anything white. It really makes it look white. Finally, for the finishing touches, I added green ribbon (purchased at Micheal's) and Drew Drops.

I hope you like my card and get inspired to make one today. Hopefully, it won't have to be a sympathy card, but perhaps a card for a friend you haven't seen a while. Thank you so much for continuing to view my blog each day.




Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment