About Me

My photo
Hi! Welcome to my blog, a place where I will share with you my papercraft creations and inspire you to discover your creativity.

Friday, September 18, 2009

Warm Wishes

It's preview day 2 at Sherrod Studio!!!

You just gotta love this image! These are 2 of 5 images from the Tropical Holiday set. In addition to the images, there are 5 sentiments. This set will be available to purchase on Saturday, September 19th at
Sherrod Studio.

When I saw this image, I thought of my mother even though this is supposed to be Mrs. Clause. This will be my mom's 2nd Christmas in Puerto Rico. While we are in 30 degree weather she will be in sunny 90 degree weather.

So, I wanted to create a beach scene for today's preview and wondered how I was going to pull it off. I have never done a scenery card before.


First stamped the lady (Mrs. M) on the beach chair image towards the lower left side of the paper. Then I stamped the palm tree in the upper right to give the illusion that the tree is behind her. I used my copic markers to color the entire image. First, I started with Mrs. M. Then, I colored the palm tree. So far so good. To create the sand, I used three different earth tones (E30, E31 and E50). Then for the hard part. I thought to myself, "how in the world am I going to create the ocean". I started with my darkest blue on the edge of the sand and worked my way up to the horizon (BG09, BG07, BG05, BG01 and BG000). Finally, I had to add waves (sigh). I lightly stroked some lines with my white Uni-ball Gel pen. With my fingers, I smudged it to give it a smooth finish. Wow! I did it!! I couldn't believe I pulled it off!!

For the card layout, I decided to make a square card since my image was big enough. I used SU Real Red card stock for the base of the card.
Notice how I used green and red (Christmas colors) on the card. For the DS paper, I used K Marcella paper pad I purchased at Target a few months ago. The yellow and flowers give the card the tropical feel.

If you would like to see what other designs you can make with this set, make sure to visit the Design Team's blog. Click on the names on the right under Design Team. Tomorrow, I will show you a traditional Christmas card. Make sure to come back and take a look! Thanks for stopping by.

Posted by Picasa


5 comments:

  1. Very cute - I especially love the scene you created with the sand and water

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable!!! I sure wish I could be there on the beach in the winter!!! LOVE the 'scene' you created!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did an amazing job creating the scene! Wonderful...and your mom sure is lucky ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job matching her suit to the paper...fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How perfect! Love your scene and your mom is going to love this card! :)

    ReplyDelete