About Me

My photo
Hi! Welcome to my blog, a place where I will share with you my papercraft creations and inspire you to discover your creativity.

Monday, September 7, 2009

Thoughts & Prayers

Last week, my DH had 3 unrelated deaths at his job. He asked me to make him some cards and while I was happy he asked, the circumstance were pretty sad. Of course you never want to have to make a sympathy card.

It was pretty hard for me to come up with something so I kinda ceased this card from the SU catalog. I was browsing through the catalog for some inspiration and found this card on page 53. I like the colors and the Top Note design, so I thought I could go with something similar.

I added the Sanded background stamp, changed the image and sentiment to
Stampin' Up!'s Thoughts & Prayers stamp set, sponged around the layers of card stock and added red ribbon.

It takes a lot of me to make a sympathy card because I am in deep prayer for the family who will be receiving my card. First, I thank God for the ability, creativity and resources He has given me to make these cards. Then, I ask for peace and comfort for the family who will be receiving the card.

It's not always easy to make these cards but the joy it brings after I'm done is so rewarding.

Thanks for taking a look.

Today's card was made with: Stampin' Up! Always Artichoke, Night of Navy, Riding Hood Red, Kraft and Very Vanilla card stock, Sanded and Thoughts & Prayers stamp set, Red ribbon, 3/16" Corner Rounder punch, Stampin' Write Markers and Sponge Daubers.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Hi Joseline, Just finished reading your entry for 9/o7, So sry you are going through so much pain.... I hope this brings a smile to your face..Julia was talking to me and mentioned your cards and how lovely she thought they were. She was so complementary on your work. I was so happy, I wanted to let you know... Feel better, love you... Mom

    ReplyDelete