About Me

My photo
Hi! Welcome to my blog, a place where I will share with you my papercraft creations and inspire you to discover your creativity.

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Moving Forward

"In my distress I prayed to the Lord, and the Lord answered me and set me free." Psalm 118:5

I decided to make a quick and simple card since I have a lot to do today. I will be having surgery tomorrow and I want to make sure the house is in order and there's enough pre-cooked food in the freezer. The house is all cleaned up, laundry is all done and now for the food. I'm going to make a plantain soup, a pot roast and maybe if I still have energy a bake zitti.


Unfortunately, it's not surgery for my arm but something else I have been battling for 3 years. I am a little nerves since the surgery is 4-6 hours long. I'm also nerves about staying over night since, it's a different hospital than I am used to. I went on Monday for my pre-admission testing and I wasn't impressed. The people (workers) there had no class and the hospital looked a little dingy. I just hope I have a better experience tomorrow than I did on Monday.

Today's card was inspired by a card I saw in a Cards magazine. I wanted to focus on the DS paper with little stamping. This is a simple and easy card anyone can make. I used Basic Gray
Bittersweet paper pad . If it were up to me, I would buy all these Basic Gray paper. I love them all.

For the sentiment I heat embossed Best Wishes with Seafoam White embossing powder. Then I used my large oval punch, folded it in half and added a brown brad to coordinate with the paper. Since this was a very simple card, I also added pink paper in the inside of the card. This jazzed up the card a little more.

Well, I better get going and start my errands. Hopefully I will be able to stamp and post a card within 3-4 days. As always, Thanks for taking a look.




Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. I will be praying for your surgery so please post an update whenyou are able. 4-6 hours does seem like an extremely long time, but we will trust in the Great Physician to be in charge. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty, love the focus on the paper and simple design. Prayers and hugs to you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card. Hugs and prayers.

    ReplyDelete