About Me

My photo
Hi! Welcome to my blog, a place where I will share with you my papercraft creations and inspire you to discover your creativity.

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Glamorous Christmas Card

Today is Preview Day at Sherrod Studio!

For the next 3 days, the Design Team will be showing you the new release of the Holiday stamps. And, on Saturday, September 19th you can purchase any of the stamp sets shown. Make sure to visit the other DT blogs so you can see the other stamps sets. Best yet, make sure to stop by Kim Sherrod's blog for some blog candy. All you have to do is leave a comment on her blog.

I also want to introduce to you the newest member to the team. Her name is Kelli Caslow. Kelli is an illustrator and designer. In fact she designed the newest set called Pond Friends. Make sure to visit her BLOG to see her artwork.

For my first preview, I wanted to do a non-traditional Christmas card. I call it my glamorous Christmas Card. What inspired me was the DS paper and the Christmas tree on the left. I think it matches perfectly. Although it's hard to see, trust me when I say it's the perfect match. The tree has the same swirls as the DS paper.

I kept the layout very traditional and simple. I added clear embossing powder on the trees, stars and sentiment. Since the image was big enough I couldn't tie a bow, so instead I added 3 rows of ribbon across the paper.

My lil' girl saw my card once I was done and she said it looks like a Christmas Rock n' Roll/Glamorous card. Who said Christmas has to be traditional?


Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. LOVE it! I agree- VERY glamorous! LOVE the black and pink together and I love this stamp set!! You did a great job on this card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I love the colors - this is a great Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun, beautiful card! I love the black and white swirly paper and the pink trees!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also made a non traditional tree card...but it's not uploaded yet! hehe Great minds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love pink and black color combos. Very pretty card.

    ReplyDelete