About Me

My photo
Hi! Welcome to my blog, a place where I will share with you my papercraft creations and inspire you to discover your creativity.

Friday, September 4, 2009

Friend to Friend

Ahhh, I finally had some peace and quite in my house today. Unlike yesterday, my day was spent in the hospital.

I woke up yesterday morning with my arm still hurting and after taking the kids to the bus stop, I called the doctor and he sent me to the hospital. They did an ultrasound from my neck to my elbow in search of a clot. The results came out negative so they sent me home with oxycondone and referred me to a neurologist. So frustrating!

Anyway, today was a different story. I wasn't going to spend another day worrying about my arm. I got the kids ready for school, walked them to the bus stop and when I got home, I cleaned the bathrooms, dusted the furniture, vacuumed the rooms, picked up the toys, finished the laundry and when the house was all cleaned up, I made this card. Yes, my arm hurt but, I couldn't stand looking at my dirty house anymore.

I made this card for a new friend. We spoke on the phone for hours the other day and we hit it off immediately. Turns out she is a fellow Stampin' Up! demonstrator for 11 years! Too bad she lives too far. Kristen, if you are reading this, Hi (wink).

I made this card using the Stampin' Up! Heartfelt Thanks Stamp set. It's an oldie but one of my favorites. If you look closely, I recolored the orange flower so that it has more definition. The same goes for the DS paper, an oldie but a goody. One item that is not old is the Teeny Tiny Wishes. This set comes with 24 sentiments! It has greeting for just about every occasion. Definitely a must have! If you would like to purchase this set, simply click on the Teeny Tiny Wishes link or click on the Order Stampin' Up Products link on your right.

Well, I better get outside and enjoy the rest of the day. Thanks for looking!

Today's card was made with: Stampin' Up! Teeny Tiny Wishes and Heartfelt Wishes stamp set, Haiku DS paper, Eyelet Border punch, Kiwi Kiss and Tangerine Tango ink pad, markers, Chocolate Brown ribbon and dimensionals.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment