About Me

My photo
Hi! Welcome to my blog, a place where I will share with you my papercraft creations and inspire you to discover your creativity.

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Share the Load

If today was August 8th, my devotional would have been a perfect day for today. Yesterday's devotional was about allowing yourself to take God's yoke so your challenges would become easier.

"Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light." Matthew 11:29-30

My DH and children help share the load of cleaning and doing the laundry while I rested my arm in the sling today. I haven't been able to do any house chores since I hurt my arm and the house looked as if a bomb hit it. Well, at least it did in my eyes (wink). It was nice to see the entire family pitch in and do their share. The kids were great even with a couple of distractions (wink). While I still have to finish the laundry, the heavy load of scrubbing the bathrooms and cleaning up the play room is done.

As I sat here to write my post for today, I was thinking about how much it reminded me of yesterday's devotional
. Another reminder that God is truly with me.

Here's the card we made at Friday's workshop. I learned how to make this card at CHA and I couldn't wait to alter it and make it my own. We used one of my favorite Stampin' Up! DS paper called Bella Bleu. I layered it with Not Quite Navy and Very Vanilla card stock. For the inside of the card, we stamped the background with SU En Francais background stamp. Then we used yarn to hold the Beautiful Butterflies in the center of the card. If you like to learn how to make this card, send me a post with your email address and I will send you the instructions.

Now for some Sharrod Studio business. Tomorrow starts our blog hob for the August release. Make sure to come back tomorrow! I have the sweetest card to show you.

Thanks for looking.




1 comment:

  1. Both cards are bautiful. The butterfly card would be neat to make.

    ReplyDelete