About Me

My photo
Hi! Welcome to my blog, a place where I will share with you my papercraft creations and inspire you to discover your creativity.

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Let's do Lunch

After running errands and catching up with my back log of emails, I finally sat down and stamped today. I am so glad that I left the house clean and the laundry done before we left on vacation. It made my return home more pleasant. There's nothing like coming home from a restful vacation to have chores to do.

My card today is for some friends I am inviting to lunch. Since I will be making a few of these, I wanted to keep it simple. It took me 30 minutes to figure out what I wanted and complete the card. I hope after this post, I will be able to make a few more before my arm gets tired. These days my arm has been feeling as if I have been working out. The pain has subsided but, it's still sore.

The food basket and sentiment comes from the Papertray Ink. The set I am using is called Vintage Picnic. I purchased this set at CHA and I never got the chance to play with it. I guess I'm still catching up. I love this set. It has 5 baskets, 8 images for the inside of the basket, 4 small images and 9 sentiments. What I like about this set is that you can mix and match the images to your style.Since I was going with a picnic style I wanted my DS paper to look like a real picnic blanket. I had the perfect paper! It's from Basic Gray June Bug Paper Pad. For my embellishment, I added some stitching (a blanket needs some stitching) and a simple ribbon.

Now here's how I made my basket...I stamped my basket on the DS paper and cut it out. Then I stamped the food on whisper white cs. I used my Copic markers to color the food. For lid on the jar, I added gold glitter pen. I then stamped the cloth and layered it over the basket. Before putting my pieces together I stamped the food on the very vanilla card stock. Finally, I put all the pieces together and propped up the bread and grapes so they looked 3 dimensional. A simple Let's do lunch sentiment and done!

Now, time for me to make a few more of these cards! Thanks for looking and come back soon!

Today's card was created with: Stampin' Up! Basic Gray and Very Vanilla card stock, Basic Gray June Bug Paper Pad, Papertry Vintage Picnic stamp set, Copic markers, ribbon and sewing machine.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you back and posting! I love your basket...very summery looking and delish!

    ReplyDelete