About Me

My photo
Hi! Welcome to my blog, a place where I will share with you my papercraft creations and inspire you to discover your creativity.

Friday, August 28, 2009

Believe

After a few days of stamping, I had to take a break. However, today, nothing stopped me to use my Copics and sewing machine (wink).

This little fairy has been in my CHA bag since I returned. I actually haven't unpacked it. I have just been taking things out as I get inspired. Plus it feels like a new toy every time I dip into it.

I purchased this adorable fairy from Crafter's Companion. They are the Enveloper people. At least that's what I refer them to. The Enveloper and Top Score is a must in a crafter's world. Anyway, on to my stamp...it's easy to get side tracked. This stamp is called Wild Cherry. I didn't color the flowers pink s the samples show on the package but, who cares. There really no rule that you have to color everything exactly the right color.

The colors on the fairy's dress didn't come out too good on camera. However, the card did come out lovely. I always have a hard time covering pretty DS paper and I didn't want to over crowd the card. The DS paper is from Basic Gray Scarlet Letter paper pad. I do believe this pack is being retired. What a shame because it really is a beautiful pack.

As I was making this card, I plugged my ear phone to my laptop and put on some old Spanish love songs. My DH brought me up a glass of wine and I zoned out. The songs took me back to when I was a little girl watching my mother sing and dance around the apartment while cleaning the house. I remember trying to imitate her singing to the broom and dancing. I love days like today that brings me back to my childhood. I love my life but, I would surely love to be back singing to the broom and dancing like I once did, even if it is just one last time.

Today's card was made with: Stampin' Up! Old Olive and Whisper White card stock, Basic Gray Scarlet Letter DS paper, Wild Cherry Fairy from Stamper's Companion, Copic markers, ribbon, Rhinestone stickers, Stampin' Up! small and medium oval punch and sewing machine.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment