About Me

My photo
Hi! Welcome to my blog, a place where I will share with you my papercraft creations and inspire you to discover your creativity.

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Thinking of You

Today is day 2 of the Grand Opening for Sherrod Studio.

I am a little late posting this card but, it was well worth it. Every time I tried to work on this card, something would come up and I had to stop. I finally told my DH that I had to finish my card without any interruptions.

This adorable bouquet of flowers and sentiment is from the Ella Birthday stamp set. Click
HERE to see the entire set. Isn't it adorable?! I can't wait to color Ella in. But, before I do I have another card I'll be showing you tomorrow. Then I'll jump back to the Gracie set and make some more cards so you can see how versatile these stamps are.

I made this card for my friend who had her first chemo treatment today. I couldn't stop thinking about her last night and all day today. I can't imagine what is it like. I hung out with her last week and she was so positive. She is truly an inspiration.

I mentioned a few weeks ago that I can not get enough of the color purple. Here again, I had to use purple. My color inspiration for this card was the DS paper. Isn't it beautiful? It's from a paper pack I purchased a Micheal's a few weeks ago. For the ribbon, I did not want to make the usual ribbon tie or bow, so I went with this classic pleat instead.
I also kept the embellishments to the minimal. I did not want to take away from the DS paper and bouquet.

Once again, thanks for stopping by and taking a look. Make sure to stop by the other Design Team members blogs for more inspirations.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! And that paper is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! I love the dsp and the colors in the bouquet is beautiful.
    I hope all will go well with your friend. My MIL has cancer and went through chemo for a long time.

    ReplyDelete