About Me

My photo
Hi! Welcome to my blog, a place where I will share with you my papercraft creations and inspire you to discover your creativity.

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July

I remember growing up my family used to pack the coolers, make lots of food and drive to the beach (funny how New Yorkers call it the beach and just one hour south of NY, it's called the shore) for a 4th of July celebration.

We would stay at the beach (Orchard Beach) for hours. We would play by the water and by evening, we would go to the camping section and barbecue till the fire works started.

This image from Sherrod Studio brought me right back to when I was 7 years old. I remember it so vividly. Everyone was so happy, the music (salsa) was playing, my dad and uncles cooking by the grills and drinking, my mom and aunts chatting away and the kids running around having a blast.

That is what 4th of July is all about. Celebrating our Independence and our freedom with our friends and family. What is your childhood memory of the 4th of July? Post a comment and share for all to read. It would be fun taking a trip down memory lane.

Today is also my lil' guy's 5th birthday! I tell him he's my firecracker!! He came 3 weeks too early. I guess he wanted to come into the world with a bang!

If you haven't taken a look at Sherrod Studio's website, this image comes from the By the Seashore set. It comes with 12 clear stamps for $15. Take a look at the DT cards for other previews on this set. Their cards are pretty amazing.

Kim Sherrod Studio - owner
On Life and Creating - Mary V.
Kathi's Corner - Kathi
Sparkle Creations - Sparkle
Simply Beautiful - Ceal P
My Stampin' Hide-way - Mary G.
Amusining Musing & Things - Dawn
La Maison De Papier - Kelly

Well, I better go and get some rest. Today is going to be a long day. We are going to start the day opening gifts and then going out for breakfast. I'm sure my lil' guy is going to wake up very early in the morning :o)

Thanks for looking!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful. The image of the children playing in the sand reminds me of my own little ones. We love to spend time at the beach and would stay until sunset. These truly are happy memories.

    Wish your little guy a happy birthday for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Here in Maryland we say "down the ocean"...

    Happy birthday to your little guy! I hope he has a fabulous day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun, happy card. Love it:) Happy birthday to you little one.

    ReplyDelete