About Me

My photo
Hi! Welcome to my blog, a place where I will share with you my papercraft creations and inspire you to discover your creativity.

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Trust

"I always told the Lord, "I trust you. I don't know where to go or what to do, but I expect you to lead me." And He always did.
~Harriet Tubman (CA. 1820-1913)

This quote was in my devotional today. How ironically this morning while getting ready for the day, I thought how I need to trust in the Lord more. These past few days have been challenging (no work and kids home sick) and I keep asking God, what is Your plan for me?

After reading my devotional, I was once reminded that it is in His time and not mine. Although I may not like being home and out of work, there is a reason for this. He will reveal His plan on for me on His time. I just have to be patient and trust Him more.

I made this card for the Stampavie Challenge. This challenge was "A sketch for you". We had to create a card or any self made item using at least one Stampavie item using the provided sketch. Click HERE to view sketch.

My color inspiration came from
this DS paper I purchased from Scrap That 2. It as a single sheet from Moda for DaisyD's ~ Mt. Vernon Floral. I knew exactly what image from my Stampavie collection I was going to use. My Rose's Garden was the PERFECT match for this paper. Take a closer look and notice that the flowers on the DS paper are the exact flowers in the image. How cool is that?!

I colored this lil' girl once before and had just as much fun now as I did the first time I inked her up. She is so cute. The roses on the card are made of paper (purchased~not made). I would really love to learn how to make these roses since it looks so easy to do. I'm sure someone has a video on how to make these roses. If anyone has seen this video anywhere, please share. I would love to learn this technique. Meanwhile, I will be searching the web and if I find it, I will post it here.

Thanks for looking!

Today's card was made with: Stampin' Up! Whisper White, Pacific Point, Real Red, Old Olive and Summer Sun card stock, SU Embrace Life stamp set, Sarah Kay~Rose's Garden clear stamp, Paper Roses and Leaf Punch from EK Success and Copic Markers.




Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Great Job she is beautiful. I see you enjoy challenges, If you get time, check out my blog for Twisted Thursday Sketch Challenges. Great chance you could win free stamps

    ReplyDelete