About Me

My photo
Hi! Welcome to my blog, a place where I will share with you my papercraft creations and inspire you to discover your creativity.

Friday, June 12, 2009

Strawberry Basket

Hey there! The sun finally peeked through the clouds today after an entire week of rain and it got me making this card. It's for the Whiff of Joy Challenge #34.

I used the Willow with strawberrybasket stamp for this card. I finally build the nerve to heat emboss her before coloring her in. I have been having trouble lately not getting the colors to bleed through the lines. I read in a post you can use clear embossing power to prevent the bleeding. It worked however, it was pretty hard to blend colors together especially for the hair. I think I'll try it a couple more times before I make my decision as to what technique is best.

Anyway, I used the colors on the DS paper to color this gal. Isn't she cute? And, wait until you see the new Whiff of Joy Stamp ~ Women's Delight Wedding and Baby Collection to be released June 14th! I already told my DH he has to get me this set. Take a look HERE for a preview of the set.

Well, it's been a long day and I better get some rest. I'll be sure to post another card before Monday. Enjoy your weekend and thanks for looking!

Today's card was made with: Stampin' Up! Whisper White, Old Olive and Tangerine Tango card stock, Designer Series paper from My Mind's Eye - Bloom & Grow, Whiff of Joy Strawberry basket stamp, Clear Embossing Powder, Copic Markers, Green Ribbon, Drew Drops, Paper Floral Embellishment from Forever in Time and Sewing machine.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love this adorable card! Such a sweet image! I can't wait until I can get a few of these sweeties! Your coloring is great! I have the same problem with embossing and blending colors... it's hard but it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous card, love what you've done with my sketch. Thanks so much for joining us at WOJ this week x

    ReplyDelete