About Me

My photo
Hi! Welcome to my blog, a place where I will share with you my papercraft creations and inspire you to discover your creativity.

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Garden Window

I am a few days away from the Copic Creations Challenge #5 Clear and Transparent deadline and I did not want to miss it. My delay was that with all the stamps I have, I just could pick one that said, "use me". Well, today I took a drive to a scrap store my friend told me about and when I saw this stamp, I said to myself, "that's it".

This adorable window is from Impression Obsession and it's called Garden Window. Isn't it just adorable? I really enjoyed coloring this stamp.

I found the DS paper and roses at the store as well. The roses were ivory and I inked them up with my copic markers to match the flowers on the stamp. I left some ivory to add some contrast.

So, while on my way back from the scrap store, I was stopped by the police. I had no idea why he was stopping me since we were both stopped at the traffic light. Well, once the light turned green he pulled right behind me and turned on his lights. After pulling over nervously (never been stopped before), I was praying, "Lord, what did I do wrong?" Without saying anything other than asking me for my drivers license and registration, I was still PRAYING. When he got back from checking my record (none), he said that he had to give me a ticket for having a GPS. I was in complete SHOCK! "A GPS?!", I asked. Apparently, the state of NJ is now pulling people over and giving them tickets for having a GPS on their windshield.

So, what I thought was a lovely trip to the scrap store, ended up costing me more than I expected. I waited all this time to find a stamp for this challenge and I ended paying for it! I sure hope to win this challenge (wink)!!

Today's card was made with: Stampin' Up! Whisper White, Kiwi Kiss and Chocolate Brown card stock, DS paper from BOBUNNY a gift of love~Alissa Twirls, Window Garden stamp from Impression Obsession, Brown Ribbon and Paper Roses.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. WOW....YOUR CARD IS AWESOME...cant believe that about the gps..I never heard that..my kids bought me one for Christmas..it is on my windsheild..my husb is in the transp. business and he never heard of that either...hmmmm..we live in Ohio but he tks to drivers all over NY and NJ... sorry to hear this...I hope you win too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is truly lovely. I love that image from Impression Obsession. I'm so sorry it was such a costly endeavor. What's up with that rule?! You did a great job on your card. It would be cool if you won the challenge. Good luck and thanks for joining our challenge again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous card, so pretty. hugs rachxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for your comments :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card! What a perfect image and colored so well! Thanks for joining us at the Copics Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete