About Me

My photo
Hi! Welcome to my blog, a place where I will share with you my papercraft creations and inspire you to discover your creativity.

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Garden Bears

As promised here is my latest Stampavie challenge #6 ~ Flowers.

Last night when I finished the card, I was not 100% satisfied but, when I woke up this morning and looked at the card, I was quite pleased. The colors came out great.

This adorable set is called Garden Bears. I wanted to make the bears look like a boy and girl bear. My one challenge was to make the bears look realistic and match the colors to the DS paper. Red is such a hard color to blend. Looking at the picture you couldn't tell, but I almost threw it away. Instead, I walked away and went to bed. I was glad I didn't throw it the trash.

The flower is from Prima Flowers I purchased at Micheal's on clearance. The flower was a very pale peach. I used my copic markers to add some color. The DS paper is from DCWV Pro called Citrus matstack. I wish you could see the top DS paper on HD becuase it is clear embossed with glitter. Very beautiful.

Today is the first sneak peek of Kim Sherrod Studio clear stamp line. I can not wait to get my hands on my stamps so I can create some cards. The set is just adorable. I already have my favorite stamp. Take a look at some of the cards the Design Team has already created. O
ne of them has a prize, so make sure you comment.

Sherrod Studio
Sparkle Creations
Kathi's Corner
on Life and Creating

Thanks for looking!

Today's card was made with: Stampin' Up! Whisper White and Pacific Point card stock, Citrus matstack DS paper from DCWV, Garden Bear clear stamp from Rachelle Anne Miller, Orange ribbon, Flower from Prima Flowers, Copic Markers and Finger daubers.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Your card came out super cute, love the little bears and they completely look like a boy bear and girl bear;) Also wanted to say hi and I look forward to getting to know you on the Sherrod Studio DT:) Congrats to you too!

    ReplyDelete