About Me

My photo
Hi! Welcome to my blog, a place where I will share with you my papercraft creations and inspire you to discover your creativity.

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Cute as a bug

Hey there,

Isn't this card so cute? I had this stamp since forever and have never inked it up. I don't even know why I bought it. Maybe I was thinking of my son when I saw it. But, he doesn't even LIKE bugs!

Anyway, I thought this would be a cute card for the Copic Creations 6 ~ Wood Challenge. It's been a while since I tried to make a card for a boy and being that I need to start working on my Father's Day cards, I better get some practice.

This adorable image is from Storage Units, Inks & More. It's called Boys 'n' Bugs. They have really cute stamp sets.

One of my next personal challenges with Copic, is to learn how to the airbrush system. I showed it to my DH and he said he will buy it for me. Now, I just have to confirm that and make my purchase before he forgets (hehe). I would have loved to airbrush some sky around the sandbox for this card. Believe it or not, I learned how to use my Copics through videos on YouTube and lots of practice. One of the best video tutorials I watch are from Suzanne J Dean from Scrap Bitz. Check out her videos HERE.

Soon the kids will be out of school and I hope to have time to make cards and post as much as I do. I'm sure I'll be able to make something once the kids are in bed ;-)

Thanks for looking and commenting on my cards. I really do appreciate the time you take to look at my card, read my rambling and post a message. Keep them coming!!

Today's card was made with: Stampin' Up! Whisper White, Old Olive and Blue Bayou card stock, The Sharon Ann Baby Safari DS paper, Boys 'n' Bug stamps from Suink.net, Piercer, Orange ribbon, Photo Corner punch and Stampn' Dimensionals.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment