About Me

My photo
Hi! Welcome to my blog, a place where I will share with you my papercraft creations and inspire you to discover your creativity.

Friday, May 22, 2009

Wildflowers

Hey there,

Here's a card I made for my cousin who had a baby a few weeks ago. I knew didn't want to go with a "traditional baby" card and while looking through my May issue of CardMaker magazine under the Just for Mom section (pg. 52), I knew this would be the perfect card. Everything about it screamed me; pink, green and stitching!

The title "Wildflowers for Mother" captured my attention and was one of the reasons I picked this card. The definition of Wildflower in Wikipedia is, "A
wildflower (or wild flower) is a flower that grows wild, meaning it was not intentionally seeded or planted."

The love for our children grow each day from the day they were conceived. We fell in love when they were born. The day they took their first steps, lost their first tooth, went to kindergarten, had their first recital, had their first crush, graduated from high school and into adult hood, your love continues to grow like wildflowers.

I do not think I have ever seen anything more beautiful than the bluebell I have been looking at. I know the beauty of our Lord by it. - Gerald Manley Hopkins

Materials use for this card: Stampin' Up! Pink Pirouette, Old Olive and Whisper White card stock, Sultry DS Paper Pad, Drew Drops, Solidago Sprig stamp by Delta (purchased at Michael's), Ribbon and Sewing Machine.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment