About Me

My photo
Hi! Welcome to my blog, a place where I will share with you my papercraft creations and inspire you to discover your creativity.

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Sweet Violets

This weeks Copic Challenge #3 is to use purple flowers.

I remember the first day I played with Copics. I was with a friend who invited me to go to a class. I knew from that day that I was hooked. I absolutely love Copics!! I love the way they color and blend. I am having so much fun with them. Each day I try to improve my blending techniques. I am really happy the way this image turned out.

I am in the middle of making my Mother's Day Cards, so I decided to make this for a friend who loves purple. I used the Sweet Violet set from Flourishes. To my surprise, I could not believe I do not have any purple DS paper. So, I kept this card very traditional using the cuttlebug D'vine swirl embossing folder and Stampin' Up! Sanded background stamp. Finally, I added some drew drops and ribbon for the finishing touches.

Our friendships are like gardens. If we water them, pull the weeds out and prune them, their colors will be vibrant and their sent will be fragrant. However, if we fail to nurture them and forget about them, they will wilt and die. Treat your friends as if they were your garden in heaven. ~Joseline











Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Your purple-loving friend will love it! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Love it! ~Olena~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Joseline, this is gorgeous! I love that image and your papers are great with it. Your coloring is wonderful. Thanks so much for joining us again. Hope to see you next time.

    ReplyDelete