About Me

My photo
Hi! Welcome to my blog, a place where I will share with you my papercraft creations and inspire you to discover your creativity.

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Birthday Wishes

She's back! My mother in-law is back from a long trip to Puerto Rico. I don't know who is more excited to see her, the kids or me. I miss her huge heart and spunky cheer. Most importantly, I miss her wisdom. There is so much I want to tell her! So much that has happened while she was away. I will have to wait until the kids get their "Lita" love first. Lita is what she wanted the kids to call her. It is short for Abuelita (Grandma). I remember when one day she came to me and told me she does not want the kids to call her grandma. I was shocked! So she shortened the name and Lita it is.

Can you believe on her return home she got sick and now we have to wait to see her. I am going to call her today to see how she is doing and perhaps drop off some soup. She has been taking care of her mother-in-law for the past 3 weeks. I am sure my father-in-law is taking care of her but, he probably needs some rest as well.

During her trip she celebrated her XX birthday. A lady can not tell how young she is (wink). Here is the card I made for her. She loves Victorian so I tried my best to make the card look Victorian. I distressed everything, used crochet ribbon, and pearls.
What do you think?

Materials used for this card: Stampin' Up! Chocolate Chip, Confetti White and Pretty in Pink card stock, Birthday Sentiment from Sincere Salutations stamp set, Ticket Corner punch, Small Flourish Stamp from Impress Rubber Stamp, Opal flowers from Prima, Ribbon, Pearls, Sewing Machine, Sponge Daubers, Basic Brown ink pad, R81 Copic marker.

No comments:

Post a Comment