About Me

My photo
Hi! Welcome to my blog, a place where I will share with you my papercraft creations and inspire you to discover your creativity.

Monday, March 2, 2009

Think Spring

I could not help myself but to make a spring card today. We got hammered with snow overnight and for those who know me, I am not a snow person. I rather be out by the pool in 90 degree weather.

Can you see I am diggin' my sewing machine! I ventured out and did a two layer technique. I also used a different type of stitch. My daughter helped me figure out which stitch to use. She was such a great helper!


Not only did I use the sewing machine, but I also wanted to try something different. I used my Spellbinders Classic Rectangle Nestabilities. I thought I would share with you how I made this card in case you would like to try it for yourself.
  1. Tape the Delicate Dots Designer Series (DS) paper to the Certainly Celery (CC) card stock.
  2. Then use the nestabilities die cut to cut out a frame using a die cutting machine (I used my Cuttlebug). Set aside.
  3. Tape the DS paper to the So Safferon card.
  4. Aligned the CC frame to the center of your card.
  5. Secure it with removable tape so it doesn't move around.
  6. Using the nestabilites die cut again, cut out the center of the card.
  7. Remove the CC frame and repeat step #6 to make sure it cuts through the card.
  8. Layer the frame to the center of the card.
  9. Use your sewing machine to make a border and stitch the CC frame to the card.
  10. For the inside of the card, layer a white card stock and stamp the center of it so it shows through the open frame. To add more dimension, heat emboss the image.
This card was made with: Stampin' Up! Sale-a-bration Polka Dot Punches stamp set, Delicate Dots Designer Series and Ribbon Bundle, So Saffron and Certainly Celery card stock, Certainly Celery ink pad and my sewing machine.


No comments:

Post a Comment