About Me

My photo
Hi! Welcome to my blog, a place where I will share with you my papercraft creations and inspire you to discover your creativity.

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Life Unscripted

One of my favorite verses in the bible is from Psalm 118:24, "This is the day the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it."

No matter what our life circumstances are, we should be glad and rejoice in it. I have to admit, sometimes I wake up in the morning feeling down and out. Then I remember this verse and I thank God for the life that He has given me. I go about the rest of the day comforted that He has planned my life because our life is not unscripted.

Today's card was another Splitcoaststamper's challenge. If you haven't visited the website already, you should. There are daily challenges, thousands of cards you can view, forums you can read up on and rubber stamp websites you can link to.
Today's challenge was something green. We either had to recycle, reuse or just use green. So, I recycled the ribbon and used green as my main color.

I recycled the ribbon by recoloring it. I wanted the ribbon to match the green paper, so I used my Kiwi Kiss ink pad to recolor it.
This technique is really simple to do. Follow the steps below to give it a try.
  1. Start with a white or ivory ribbon.
  2. Place your ribbon on top of the ink pad.
  3. Now place a sponge dauber on top of the ribbon and gently pull the ribbon off the ink pad.
  4. Repeat this several times until you achieve the color you desire.
Today's card was made with: Stampin' Up! Blue Bayou, Kiwi Kiss and Whisper White card stock and ink pad. misc. pattern paper, life unscripted stamp by Hampton Art (purchased at Michael's), ticket punch and ribbon.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment